Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Last Blog of the First Semester (Blog #18)




With this being the last Blog of the semester, I thought we would do something fun!


Your Assignment:

1).  Click on the link below.  Find 3 pictures and explain what they are all about!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/05/world/gallery/2013-year-in-pictures/

2).  Write a letter to Santa Clause and tell him if you've been naughty or nice. Also include a list of what you want for Christmas. Finally, tell the rest of your classmates where you will be going to celebrate the Christmas Holiday and what you have been blessed with this year! New Year's Resolutions anyone?! State whether you have any resolutions and what they are!

Merry Christmas from Morgan, Palynn and myself.

Have fun, be safe and think before you do!


Due: Sunday by no later than 11:59p.m.

20 comments:

  1. Dear Santa
    I have been very good this year. I would like a new car for Christmas that would be awesome. I will be going to all my grandparents houses for Christmas. My new years resolution is to have an even better year in 2014.
    I saw the picture of the lady drinking cobra blood that is crazy. Then there was the first picture with all the fireworks those are really neat. Then finally I saw the picture of the baby being taught to swim, but it looked like the baby didn't want to learn how to swim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Santa
      I have been good this year. I would like a new chair this year. I will be staying home this year. my new years resolution is to not be so lazy about things.
      I saw a picture of two horses being suspended in the air by a crane. there was a picture of a gang cage over filled with ms-13. the last picture I saw one of a hand graphed to a foot so that the hand can be alive

      Delete
    2. You're right Jacob because that woman drinking cobra blood is crazy and it's creepy.

      Delete
  2. Dear Santa,
    Im pretty sure Ive been pretty good this year. I want $ and clothes for Christmas. I'm just going all over Nebraska to see friends and family. I seen the picture with the fireworks, and the protestors in Ukraine, I also seen the one of the people hiding behind signs in a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Santa ,
    Well this year has been really confusing, but for the most part I have been nice. I want a phone! I will be going to my cousin Stephanie's house for Christmas. My new years resolution is to have 2014 be a great year.
    My first picture was of Jennifer Lawrence falling at the Academy Awards as she walks up stairs to receive the Best Actress Oscar for "Silver Linings Playbook."
    My second picture was of people celebrate in clouds of colored dust after the Color Run 5K in Sydney.
    My third picture was of horses being hoisted in the air by a crane as they are transferred from a cargo ship onto a truck in Surabaya, Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Santa,
    I have been really good this year. I would like stuff for my room and car for Christmas, how's Mrs. Clause? Still fat probably, you might want to give her a treadmill and nutrisystem for Christmas.
    The African people watching fireworks captured some hope I think. One weird one was a lady drinking Cobra blood. ew. A cruel picture is of some guys hoisting horses on a boat by strapping them to a crane and lifting them into the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Santa
    I haven't been very good this year that's okay, I never am. Thank you for the heated blanket. Since your Santa your a genius and know what i need.

    The picture of China's army when it is -22 out is pretty COOL. The picture of the U.S. Marine drinking the cobra blood is pretty nasty. Putin's face when a group Femen women attack him, is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mom and Dad,
    I have been pretty mediocre this year I guess. I don't really ask much, I just want you to pay for my college education that's all I want. I have been blessed with my family and friends. I will be going to Lexington and staying here and Callaway. I will possibly going to Texas for New Years. My resolution will be to graduate high school.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Santa that does not exist,
    I think i have been nice this year so if you would bring me this list:
    i would like parts for my pickup, money, an under armor camo hoodie, call of duty ghosts, gta 5, my hunters license, and fishing license.
    I will be going to my grandma fosters in north platte and bailey's grandma's house.
    Right now i have no new years resolution.
    I saw the family that hid in the water by the dock from a fire. i also saw the surfer breaking his own record. and i saw the people on the beach watching fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Santa
    How's Mrs. Clause hope she is getting you nice and fat this year.
    I no I have not been as good when it comes to being nice, but all I want for Christmas is to be able to spend it with my family and all of them and I know it is not possible but that's all I want that or to make sure they do have good Christmas even if I wont be there. And I have no new years plans but I will make a resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Santa
    I would like to think I've been good but all I want for Christmas is my brother and step dad to come visit us! I will be at my Grandma's for Christmas which is such a blessing that I get to be with my family this year !
    as for new year's resolutions I really don't like to have them because I know I wont keep up with them and then I feel terrible
    Merry Christmas everyone

    1 People watch New Year's fireworks along Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro
    2 A truck is covered in ice as firefighters extinguish a massive blaze at a vacant warehouse in Chicago
    3 People celebrate in clouds of colored dust after the Color Run 5K in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Santa
    I have been an angel like always! I don't really need anything for Christmas but I would really appreciate some new clothes. I am having Christmas with my mom on Christmas day, with my grandma the following Saturday, and then with my dad Sunday! So far no new years resolutions.
    I saw the picture of the 5k color run in Syndey, the picture of David Beckham falling in front of a professional soccer team, and the picture of the baby being helped swim and the baby looks very frightened.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear santa for the most part ive been good. for Christmas all I want is new clothes and to see my family. I saw pictures of ther 5k color run in syndey, a picture of a baby being helped to swim and people coming together to watch the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Santa,
    Yes I have been good this year. I would really like some new clothes and a new phone!!:) I will be staying home this Christmas. I am blessed to be able to spend this Christmas with my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your new phone that you are getting for this Christmas will be awesome.

      Delete
  14. 1.) The area was covered in ice as firefighters put out a warehouse fire in Chicago.
    2.) An Iranian had three of his fingers publically amputated as part of his punishment for being part of a gang that carried out burglaries.
    3.) A Chinese military regiment was training in -22 degree Fahrenheit weather.

    Dear Santa,
    I don't want anything special this year. I'll be staying home and doing nothing out of the ordinary for the holidays. I don't have any resolutions for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Santa I been good this year and I want for Christmas is a guitar ,clothes , and a phone and to see my brother Cortney and my sister Violet . I will be staying at home for Christmas this year and be able to spend this year with my family. I saw pictures of people watching fire works and kids and parents in flood .

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Santa
    I had been a good man this year. The stuff that I want for Christmas this year is bull riding gear from the Barstow Pro Rodeo Equipment like a bull rope, 2 bells, rodeo chaps, gear bag, bull riding spurs 22 degree length 2 1/4", spur straps and under the heel spur straps, protective bull riding vest size small, and roughstock riding boots size 10 D. I also want a bull riding hat size 7 1/4" with a red hat band around crown like Lane Frost's hat. I am going to Kearney to visit my grandma for Christmas. And I am blessed to spend time with my family and friends on Christmas. My New Years resolution is to have a good year in 2014.

    1) I saw a picture of people watching New Year's fireworks along the Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.
    2) A picture of a woman drinking cobra blood and it is terrible.
    3) And the last picture is some horses being hoisted by cruel men onto a ship being strapped to a crane and lifting them into the air.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!