Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Government Shutdown (Blog #7)





Your Assignment:

1).  Click on the following link, read and watch the following article/video.

 http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/23/politics/government-shutdown-daily-life/index.html?hpt=po_c2

2).  Summarized the article and video.
3).  State your thoughts and opinions.
4).  Comment on 2 of your classmates posts.


Due:  Sunday by no later than 11:59pm

37 comments:

  1. it about how the government shutdown to where the government cant have an agreement on how the government should run so they decided to have a shutdown on the government so you won't be able to go to national museum, go on vacation to certain places , and some people wont have medicare or there medicare is cut in half If you were planning to buy a house and needed a federal loan, you'll have to wait. and I say that is just going way to far they shouldn,t be cutting people medicare cause people do need to have medical and people should be able to go on vacation to any place they wan't and the government should not be shutdown cause I say barack Obama is ruin the government and there should not be a Obama care .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tori. I don't like Obama or agree with the Government.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Tori and Jenna because the government will shut down and we won't be able to go on a vacation to where we can come up with events and all that important information about the government.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you Tori, Obama needs to get it together.

      Delete
  2. It told us the 10 ways that the Government lockdown will effect us. There isn't really too much to notice. The business are still operation. National Parks are closed, and if you need a loan/ passport or gun permits are not going to be very fast if not there at all. Obama must feel like crap. I really don't agree with this at all, I think he is running our Government into the ground. I think that we were just fine before Obama tired to fix what wasn't broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Obama running the government into the ground. I believe we did just great before Obama tried to fix everything, and I don't believe he has fixed anything.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Jenna I think Obama messed up something that was fine to begin with.

      Delete
    3. Taking a pragmatic approach is often the best way to handle things, but sometimes it just isn't the case. Everyone can easily blame the president for anything involving the government, simply because it's his name that we know.

      Delete
  3. They're talking about the processes of how the government will shut down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be more specific. If didn't watch the video I wouldn't know, tell me more on what you think about it.

      Delete
    2. Yea, get it together Wyatt.

      Delete
  4. The ten things that will affect people when there is a government lockdown is what is what about. There really isn't much to notice, but if you want a loan for your car or home it will probably take longer for you to get it. to sign up for medicate it may not get it. All this really is, is time!
    I think sometimes its okay for a shutdown. If it is going to go for a long period of time though, I disagree with it. The government is something the United States needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do need it! But when its "Turned Off" I don't think we'll be able to make any progress

      Delete
    2. The government hardly ever gets anything done anyway so its not like the shutdown is effecting a whole lot.

      Delete
    3. Yea, I agree that a couple days or week is a long enough shutdown. Anything longer than that is a bit scary.

      Delete
  5. The video is about ten ways the government shutdown may effect us. There really are not that many ways it will effect us, it closes national parks, and makes it harder to get federal loans and stuff. I think that the government needs to get it together. It is all Obamas fault with his stupid Obama care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think the government needs to get it together. I think Obama needs to stop with his Obama care.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Jacob I say Obama need to think straight and notice what he done to the government and world .

      Delete
    3. I agree, it is all because of Obama.

      Delete
    4. I agree. If he would just let it go then the government would not have to be shutdown right now. Obviously people don't want it.

      Delete
    5. If the republicans would just fund Obama care the government wouldn't be shut down. There is two sides to this argument, its not all Obama's fault

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that we need the government so that we can have federal loans by making ends meet.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just talked about 10 ways the shutdown could possibly affect us. Things like National Parks being closed, trying to get passports or loans will be trickier, things like that. I don't know, maybe this is a good lesson for Americans. They might actually realize how lucky they are to live in this country where you CAN make loans, etc. Hopefully when things are back to normal they value those things more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, but the government just needs to get things figured out.

      Delete
  9. The article and video were about the effects of the government shutdown on society. They said that in early stages, the general public would not see any changes, but in the event of a drawn-out government shutdown, we could experience consequences.

    I think that Congress should work toward ending the shutdown as quickly as possible to restore the processes being restricted during this downtime. It would be convenient for everyone if a compromise was reached and the shutdown ended, but in reality, it's probably not as easy as one would like to think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Dakota, they need to get their heads out of their rear ends and end this shenanigan.

      Delete
  10. It talked about how the government shutdown will affect your daily life. I don't really understand why they had to shut it down just because they couldn't decide anything on Obamacare. It just sounds like it is going to hurt the economy more than it already is. National parks are closed, garbage is going to pile up in Washington, permits and loans are going to be hard to go through and be very slow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they don't carefully consider federal funding and pass a proposition without much thought, it could have dire consequences in the future. With our country's multitrillion-dollar deficit, it's especially important to take care when planning the government's spending.

      Delete
  11. The video and article talked about the ways the shutdown may effect us. Yes there is 10 way it does, that isn't really much. We just cant go to museums or national parks or we couldn't get a loan for a new house. Unless the shutdown lasts for a long time, it will effect us majorly.
    I think this whole shutdown deal is Obama's fault. If he would just let his Obamacare go, we wouldn't be in this whole government shutdown deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is all Obama's fault he need to just drop Obama care.

      Delete
    2. It's not completely Obama's fault. It takes two sides for a stalemate. Some blame goes to the House Republicans.

      Delete
  12. this was about how the government shut down and 10 ways it will effect us. national parks are shutting down. Medicare is getting cut in half. its is getting harder to get federal loansThey just need to agree and make thing how they used to be. Obama needs to pull his act together and start acting like a president.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The video talked about the shut down of the government. The shut down will not really be noticed in our everyday lives. It wont affect our schools our any local businesses. It will affect national parks though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The video as about the government shutdown. It focused on how the government shutdown can effect people's daily lives. Unless you work for the government or want to go camping in a national park you won't be effected by the shutdown. The economy could get worse though so that would probably effect most people in America

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!