Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fiscal Cliff (Blog #15)


http://healthreformexplained.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Color-fiscal-cliff.jpg



Your Assignment:

1).  Research the fiscal cliff and explain what it is.
2).  Find a video that discusses the fiscal cliff or some part of the fiscal cliff and post a link to that video.
3).  Watch one of your classmates videos and summarize the video.  (Make sure and state who's video you watched!)
4).  State your thoughts and opinions on the fiscal cliff.


Due:  Sunday by no later than 11:59pm

21 comments:

  1. The United States fiscal cliff is a term referring to the economic effect of a number of laws which (if unchanged) could result in tax increases, spending cuts, and a corresponding reduction in the budget deficit beginning in 2013.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesSchwab?v=oPAPDiYm7-4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Lane Gascoigne's Video. It talks how if it goes through it won't be an immediate effect. That it would spread throughout the year. But the name suggests that we would fall and plummet you know like if you fell or jumped of a cliff.

      Delete
  2. 1) The United States fiscal cliff is a term referring to the economic effect of a number of laws which could result in tax increases, spending cuts, and a corresponding reduction in the budget deficit beginning in 2013.

    2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaYmhQsBHc

    3) I hope that it does not increase the taxes. If it does that is going to be a big problem and a pain. Yet again we have to wait to see how this will turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1)The fiscal cliff is the combination of large spending cuts and tax increases that are scheduled to be automatically enacted at the start of 2013.
    2)http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesSchwab?v=oPAPDiYm7-4
    4)I think the fiscal cliff is okay. I dont really understand it, but i think it will suck if they do increase taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Albertos video. It just explained what the fiscal cliff is. If more money goes out then in, it is a deficit. It told 5 facts about the fedral budget.

      Delete
  4. The fiscal cliff is a term referring to the economic effect of a number of laws which (ig unchanged) could result in tax increase, spending cuts, and a corresponding reduction in the budget deficit.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesSchwab?v=oPAPDiYm7-4

    I really hope that taxes do not increase. That would not be helpful at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But with more taxes we will eventually be out of debt

      Delete
    2. I watched Lafeyette's video. It talked about how the fiscal cliff and tax increases will affect small businesses.

      Delete
  5. I believe that the fiscal cliff is a good idea but if it increases taxes its not my style. I could make 100 dollars but after takes I get about 75. Its ridiculous.

    I watched Alberto's Video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lane, your headphones are on so you cant hear me. You're suppose to summarize Alberto's video.

      Delete
  6. 1)The fiscal cliff is when the tax cuts will end oat midnight December 31 this year. New taxes for Obama's health care reform will begin also. The rich will start to obe taxed more when we reach the fiscal cliff. Some argue that it will slow growth. Growth of what? It will probably effect high-income small businesses negatively though.
    2)http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50136097n
    4)I think the fiscal cliff is a good thing. It will cut the deficit in half. I think America has to be out of debt for things to start going better. There is a chance that it will lead to another reccession, which is bad. But I think that the benefits outway the risks here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and i watched josh's video about Warren Buffet and his views on the fiscal cliff

      Delete
  7. 1. According to wikipedia, which is now a trusted source of information on the internet, the fiscal cliff is a term referring to the economic effect due to several laws put in place that will raise costs of living and taxes for everyone in an attempt to fix the deficit of the government.

    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwQ_v-AtKj4

    3. I watched Waffle's video on Small Businesses and it's interesting how the cliff will affect small businesses by causing them to pay more taxes when right now they are basically trying to make enough to get by.

    4. I think it's bad, I mean, we all have to pay more taxes for the stupidity and ignorance of the politicians who run our government. I know I probably won't be able to pay my taxes, my job doesn't pay me enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1). A Fiscal cliff is a simultaneous spending cuts and tax increases that are scheduled to take place at the end of the year.
    2). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmVMQLPznw
    4). It really kinda sucks that it all happens at once because if it is a huge increase then it is a huge burden on your paycheck and the money disappears at your finger tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3). I watched Steph's. She talked about what things are going to change when it happens. It also talked about how it is going to increase and what all will go up.

      Delete
  9. 1.) The fiscal cliff is referring to the economy and its effect on laws and how it can result in tax increases, spending cuts, and a corresponding reduction in the budget.

    2.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1T5rqYpbUY

    3.) I hope that taxes don't inrease. If they do alot of people are going to be in pain. I guess what happens happes right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1-“Fiscal cliff” is the popular shorthand term used to describe the conundrum that the U.S. government will face at the end of 2012, when the terms of the Budget Control Act of 2011 are scheduled to go into effect.

    2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WswgoQZ8xHI

    3- I watched Alberto's video. Last August, President Obama and Congress put the U.S. economy on course to go over a "fiscal cliff." There is a big chance we would go over but there are ways we could stop it.

    4- I am not really understanding the whole conccept of the cliff so I guess I don't know wether it is good or bad....

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) The United States fiscal cliff is a term referring to the economic effect of a number of laws which could result in tax increases, spending cuts, and a corresponding reduction in the budget deficit beginning in 2013.

    2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaYmhQsBHc

    3) I watched Albertos video. It explained what the fiscal cliff is. If more money goes out then in, it is a deficit. It told 5 facts about the fedral budget.

    4) I hope that it doesnt increase the taxes. Alot of people will be against it if it does.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) the fiscal cliff is the popular shorthand term used to describe the conundrum that the U.S. government will face at the end of 2012, when the terms of the Budget Control Act of 2011 are scheduled to go into effect.

    2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaYmhQsBHc

    3) i watched stephs video, i think it was like mine, it talked about the fiscal cliff and taxing .

    4)the fiscal cliff confuses me a bit, but i hope that the taxes are not! increased.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!