Thursday, October 11, 2012

You Choose (Blog #8)



With so many different events and world issues to choose from, it is now up to you to decide which one interests you the most.


Your assignment:

Pick a current event, an article on a particular topic or a world issue. Briefly state what it is about, then where you stand or your opinion on the matter.  Once you have completed this first part, then find two other classmates to comment/respond to.  Remember the posting rules and be respectful.

Due: By Sunday no later than 11:59p.m.

35 comments:

  1. The Jerry Sandusky scandal has been a big issue in the last year or so. But now he has a life sentence for sexual harassment. On CNN it said that Sandusky's wife is blaming everyone else! This is ridiculous, there is no way to get out because he did it. She blamed the young men molested and even their own adopted son who was as well molested!

    Sandusky should be put away because he used his authority for wrong intentions and its just wrong altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LANE! He touched young boys! It's not right! That's all I have to say about that.

      Delete
    2. I makes me wonder why would people even do those things... I am so uprooted by his actions. Either way it should be a lifetime sentence, and anyone else involed should be put away too.

      Delete
    3. This is extremely wrong. I cant believe she would blame the boys that this happened to. Especially her own adopted son.

      Delete
    4. It is terrible what he did. It is a good thing that he was put away. Though I am wondering what would make him do such a thing. I just cannot comprehend it.

      Delete
    5. I think that he should have stayed away from kids under the age of 18 because thats just wrong. You need to go for the young adults and or single moms

      Delete
    6. Oh gosh Grant!haha Everything Sandusky did was wrong, and he deserves the punishment!

      Delete
    7. I agree with almost everybody else, he deserves to be punished. Hes finally getting what has been coming to him.

      Delete
  2. We are about to invade Syria I am sure soon. The civilians are dying like crazy because of this attempted coup. If we decide to actually help them. If that is not possible, we just need to nuke them. Give world peace around the world with tough love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nukes will solve all of the worlds issues and barley create more. Definate support!

      Delete
    2. We can't just go around nuking everybody, you seriously think that killing thousands of innocent people will fix things?

      Delete
  3. Sammi Kane Kraft, who starred in the remake of "Bad News Bears," died in Los Angeles after a car accident early Tuesday morning.
    I think that dieing at the age of 20 would blow. I want to make it to at least 40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well at least I want to make it to 90. But it would be sad to die at such a young age, at least she was somewhat famous

      Delete
    2. I'll probably die before I am thirty...if they send me overseas...Oh well, live life to its fullest...but yeah, that is a sad story...too young, too young.

      Delete
    3. It is actually spelled *dying*. But I think it's sad that she died that young. I thought that the movie was pretty funny. Also I would like to make it past 40.

      Delete
  4. The topic that I am going to talk about is the one where the girl from Pakistan. Her name is Malala Yousafzai and she won the International children's peace prize. What happened was that she was speaking out for girls about education. Since women are banned from attending schools. Later she was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman.

    I think it's a great thing what she is doing. She is trying to improve the education for women in Pakistan. I don't think she deserved to be shot. That is just terrible and sad. I hope that she makes it out alive and gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didnt deserve being shot, but she probably has the ability to save thousands. She is a visionary to her fellow classmates.

      Delete
    2. I agree that it's terrible that she is shot for standing up for what she believes in. She didn't deserve that. I also think she is very brave for trying to teach the word to other girls. Hopefully they stand up for what they believe in also.

      Delete
  5. Radio talk show host Glenn Beck's family had a close call when their sport utillity wehicle rolled down a steep hill in New York's Finger Lakes region just after they had exited the SUV. Beck says that he was hugging his newly married daughter as his wife got their young son out of the vehicle. They had just arrived at the cottage rented for the daughter's wedding reception. The SUV slid downhill and overturned coming to a rest near the shoreline. The SUV has broken windows and damage on the passenger side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just glad that nobody was hurt in the accident and there doesnt seem to be alot of damage done to the car.

      Delete
    2. I kind of think this is funny. I also think its scary to think that someone was in that car a few minutes before hand. I agree with you in the fact that nobody was hurt, but i think they learned their lesson.

      Delete
    3. O my god,thats terrible!! I would be so scared and i would fall apart if that happened to me. But i was amazing miracle that no one was hurt.

      Delete
    4. That cracks me up. I would freak out if it was my car. But at least no one was injured and it wasn't a big deal for the physical being of the family.

      Delete
    5. This reminds me of when last year at football and volleyball practice when someone forgot to put the bus brakes on and it rolled, but didnt hit anything haha! its a good thing that the mom had just gotten the boy out of the car at that time and not had waited a while longer! it could have been alot worse!

      Delete
  6. Deadly crossing: Death toll rises among those desperate for the American Dream, is the name of the topic I chose. It's about illegal immigrants that have died trying to cross the border. There are dead bodies in the freezer of a Texas-Mexico border church.The bodies wrapped in white sheets have names, families and official countries of origin. They are waiting for people to come claim and identify them as family.

    I think this is sad. I also think that if you cant afford to buy a visa then they should not even attempt to come over. Their family members now have no idea that they are dead, and their bodies are in a church freezer. I also think that they try to take advantage of the USA freedoms, and that somewhat offends many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I feel bad for the families that have no idea. On the other hand, they should know better than to just act like they own the place and come into our country.

      Delete
  7. I am writing mine about Malala Yousufzai and her opinion on education. She was shot by the taliban bcz of her beliefs and what she wants for her future. I think that is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone should have the right to get a good education. Just because she is a girl does not mean she can't. I am completely behind her in this situation. Why did it have to get so violent? She has the right to voice her opinion too. I really hope she gets back to normal as soon as possible with no problems and she gets to go to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malala is a very strong and oppinionated girl. She has alot of great ideas and she knows what needs to be done. I like how she stands behind her people and does what needs to be done, not just sit in the corner and no do anything about it.

      Delete
    2. If people didn't know who she was before she got shot, they certaintly do now. It's not a good thing sh go t shot, but it brings more people to her cause

      Delete
  8. Last week Heisman winner and top draft pick Robert Griffin the third suffered a minor concussion in the week five game against the Atlanta Falcons. RG3 hasrecovered fast, but Redskins associates have decided to have him sit out against the Vikings this week, just to be safe.
    This is probaly the best thing to do in this situation, considering RG3 is the future and saviour of the Redskins, it's best not to get him re-ingured.Plus his back up, Kirk Cousins has some promise as a good QB too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After Howard Stern pressed his guest about whether he and Aaron Paul were actually instructed how to cook up crystal meth from scratch themselves on the show Breaking Bad, Cranston relented and explained,

    "We were taught how to make meth [by] DEA chemists who were our consultants on the show. We didn't cook it, but we were told exactly the process at that high level." As a sort-of PSA against trying this at home, Cranston added, "It's extremely difficult There are so many volatile components to it that at any given time, you could literally blow up. So you had to be very careful and very specific to follow this. Most of the cooks are also meth heads themselves. That's why they get themselves in trouble and you see burn marks, or their hands are missing."

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. On Wednesday morning, Terry V. Garner, a 70-year-old Oregon farmer, went to feed his animals. Several hours later, when he hadn’t returned, a family member went to look for him and found, on the ground of the hog enclosure, his dentures. Further investigation of the enclosure by the family member revealed that the hogs, which each weighed about 700 pounds, had nearly completely eaten the farmer, although some body parts were strewn about the enclosure.Now the Coos County Sheriff’s Office is investigating how Garner “ended up in a position where the hogs were able to consume him.”

    This is nasty!!! maybe this guy had a heartattack or stroke i dont know, but his pigs eating him??? gross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really disturbing. I can believe that happening because i have heard of hogs beings very aggressive. But eating its owner is just a little extreme.

      Delete
  12. Abigail Fisher ,a white, wanted to apply to the university of Texas but she didn't get in. She sued the school saying its admissions policy unfairly favor African american and Hispanic applicants. It is based on normative action which is when a school or a business makes specific efforts to make minority groups better educational or professional opportunities. The University of Texas defends using race as a factor when it makes admission decisions.

    I find it that if someone wants to apply to school they should be able to. It shouldn't have a majority favor.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!