
Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- Outrage over the killing of an unarmed Florida teenager rippled nationwide Wednesday as supporters planned more protests and a petition demanding the shooter's arrest amassed nearly 1 million signatures.
Your Assignment:
1) Read and watch the video on this article/topic. (*Click on the link below*)
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c1
2) Summarize the article/topic.
3) State your opinion/thoughts on the article/topic.
4) Comment on 2 of your classmates posts.
Due: Sunday 3/25/12 by no later than 11:59pm
2) An older guy shot a kid becuase he claimed it was self defense, and they interviewed people who saw and heard the gun shot.
ReplyDelete3) I think that this is ridiclious, and that he took the freedom he had for granted and used them totally wrong. I think he should go to jail for this, murrder isn't okay.
I agree with your opinion.. but you spelled murder wrong..
DeleteOne white guy shot a black guy, and he said was self defense but the police thing he is racist and just kill the guy because he is black but his family said the shotter is hispanic so probably is not racist
ReplyDeletemy opinion on this article is i thing he is racist and he just kill the guy because he dont like him or ebcause he is black i dont know but im sure was not self defense.
I agree that racism probably played a huge part in the reason he shot that kid.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete1.)a young boy was shot in florida by a man. Neighbors witnessed and called 911 the boy died on the scene.
ReplyDelete2.) This is awful!! I hate when people are like this its so stupid taking an innocent persons life for no reason!
The topic is on a a 28 year old shooting Trayvon Martin supposeably out of self defense. I think that the shooter should be put in jail. It might've been an accident or self defense. But using lethal force for self defense should'nt be legalized anywhere. I just believe its inhumane to kill anyone of the same species.
ReplyDeleteLane, I agree that even if it was an accident or self defense using lethal force is a little excessive
Deletei disagree because i dont think he has a good reason.
Delete2) A teenage boy was walking home when he was shot and killed.
ReplyDelete3) I think it's kind of weird that Zimmerman wasn't arrested or anything like that. The police say it's because they couldn't prove that he didn't shoot in self defense, but really they can't prove that he shot in self defense either. Just because he was black and wearing a hoodie does not mean that he is a "suspicious" character or however Zimmerman described him. I think he should have been taken into custody or something I mean to just let him go because nothing could be proved seems a little weird to me.
Joao I agree with you, and I think that its true. He probably did shoot him because he was black.
ReplyDeletethe actical was maily avout a guy that shot a guy in self defince. witch is law florida . you can shoot or hurt people if they are trying to hurt you in anyway .
ReplyDeletemy opinion/thoughts on the article are that i want to go to florida and shoot someone . i also thing that this guy is a @$$ for shooting a teen. just be a normal guy and shoot a normal sized guy.
i agree with grant and andie
I agree with Alberto.. But literally dude, take some spelling classes. And nice cover-up on the A-word... very convincing..*sarcasm* But I think you have some disturbing comments..
DeleteLane criticize much??? Jeeeeeeeeezzzzz!!!!!
Delete2) A man shot a kid claming it was self defense. These people said they heard the bullet and then left and went outside and saw a person over a body. They claim that he killed the kid. They got 1 million signatures demanding arrest for shooter.
ReplyDelete3) I think this is sad. I think this is cool though how they got so many signatures. I feel really bad for the parents and hope he goes to jail.
Lane good point he took advantge of the freedoms.
ReplyDeletei agree with you lane he really should be put in a jail.
ReplyDeletei agree with jena too
1) Lane: I agree that he should go to jail. And that killing of the same species is inhumane.
ReplyDelete2)Colter: learn to spell or type correctly. Dont use bad language we can tell what you were thinking. Why would you go there to shoot someone? But I agree with the guy and him being a jerk.
This guy killed a kid because the kid was attacking him.
ReplyDeleteI think that the self defence is legit. It sounds as if he was suffering from a concusion or at least had gotten hit in the head because he was walking back and forth after he shot the other guy.
2) Their wher two boys that got into a fight and it ended up that one of them shot the other in defence because he thought that the was going to be harmed. Also two women saw the boy that shot the other knealing over him. He was also pacing back and forth while he was waiting for the police to arrive.
ReplyDelete3)This would be a very difficult case to figure out because really nobody was around to see what all happend just the boys statment and what he says happens. It is sad that people have to result to violence to figure out a problem. What I thought was kinda weird is that the boy had a gun. Like in what reason would he have it on him the the first place like did he know he was going to shoot him or was he just carrying it for protection from anyone.
4)yes Jenna- I totaly agree with u i kinda think he knew that he was going to get into a fight and he knew that if he shot him he wouldnt get in trouble because he could say it was self defence because they were fighting.
yes Taylor- He should have been took in and question right on the spot because he had a gun on him for no apparent reason if he was just walking around and none of this happend
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJoao: I disagree i think that it was self defense, the argument went on for at least a block untell the kid had been shot. Every fight has 2 sides and most of the time both sides are doing some fighting.
ReplyDeleteTaylor: The law in florida justifies the use of deadly force. and the police cant hold anyone without probable cause, no proof = no conviction
1- done
ReplyDelete2- a black guy was shoot by a white guy. racism? that is the question.
3- i think that racism is any disinguishment between races. so this article is racist, i don't know about the guy.
4- grant- self defense is legit. just not hear. alberto- it is very sad.
1-done 2- a black guy got shot by a white guy which is racism ? that is the question 3- i say racism againgst black people is mean and i say people should treat other people the way they want to be treated.4-i agree on justin cause it not right and it very sad.
ReplyDelete